email@example.com is back up!
See page bottom for more events.
Join the festivities at AASCEND‘s annual potluck picnic in the park September 17. All are welcome for an afternoon of informal socializing and games with our community. This year’s picnic will be held again at Hellman Hollow in Golden Gate Park. We will have food and drink, but bring something to share if you can. No RSVP is necessary. Set-up begins at 11:00 AM.
Who: Adults on the spectrum, family, professionals and friends all welcome!
When: Saturday, Sept 17, 2022, noon-3pm
(setup at 11am)
Where: Hellman Hollow, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
The Speech-Language Hearing Sciences (SLHS) Department at San Francisco State University is hosting a weekly Neurodiversity Conversation Club this Fall semester. The purpose of the group is to encourage mutual learning and support between young autistic people and graduate/undergraduate students who are studying to become Speech-Language Therapists. If you would like more information about it or would like to participate, please visit this information & application page. You can also contact Betty Yu (she/her), firstname.lastname@example.org, Professor in the Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences Department.
- Open to young autistic people ages 21-30 (self-diagnosed autistic people are welcomed)
- Cost: FREE
- Day/Time: Mondays 2:30-4:00 pm
- September 19 – December 5
- Burk Hall 114, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132
- Spots for 6 participants, plus 6 SLHS graduate students & 2 SLHS undergraduate students,
- Non-speaking communicators and AAC users are welcomed
- The Neurodiversity Conversation Club offers a weekly space for jointly exploring creativity and authenticity in social communication. This is not a social skills therapy group. We respect and accommodate diverse sensory needs & preferences.
- For more information or to apply to be a participant, visit https://forms.gle/dc3kiCzsN9mJ3X6TA.